Home and Garden
Links to useful information on the Internet
- Decorating Arrangements
- Dozens of articles about interior decoration. The "Design Styles" section features information about styles such as Art Deco, Asian, French country, rustic, shabby chic, and Shaker. Includes home tours, and design ideas for specific rooms and for items, such as baskets, candles, lamps, and window treatments. From Home and Garden Television.
- Do It Yourself Home Repair, Improvement and Remodeling
- The site contains a large collection of tips, tricks, and tutorials covering a variety of subjects, from appliance care to pet care to woodworking. You can scan a list of subjects or search with keywords. There is also a free monthly newsletter.
- Everything for food lovers - cooking videos, recipes, articles, cookbook reviews, and information on wine and restaurants.
- Home and Family
- Home and family topics include aging, children, clothing, family relationships, housing, parenting, finances, food, nutrition and health.
- Psychology Today: Parenting Center
- Collection of articles about the psychology of parenting. Subjects include adoption, division of labor, fatherhood, grandparenting, child development, communication, child abuse, child neglect, sex education, technology, discipline, and more. From Psychology Today magazine.
- RecipeSource (formerly SOAR)
- The Searchable Online Archive of Recipes currently indexes around 70,000 recipes, including those for restricted diets, kids, special occasions - even treats for your pet. Particularly useful for browsing ethnic recipes.
- USDA Hardiness Zone Map
- Will your plant survive in Iowa’s climate? Check the online version of the government publication showing the growing conditions in areas across the USA.
- Wine Lover’s Page
- Learn all about wine with links that include a pronouncing glossary, vineyard weather, food-wine matches, and tasting notes on over 50,000 wines.
- Yard and Garden
- Provides how-to tips and gardening basics. Topics include flowers, fruits, houseplant, lawns, trees and shrubs, vegetables and herbs, weeds and pests.